Nails of The Day : Chanel Cosmic Violine



Cosmic Violine, a deep brick red infused with red, pink and gold micro glitter, is one of four nail polishes from Chanel's Celestial Lights (or Lumiéres Célestes) collection released back in 2009. I didn't feel like the overall collection was particularly impressive - it was only a small collection after all - but I was struck by the elegance of Cosmic Violine nail polish. I believe this was my first glitter (or rather micro glitter) so it holds a special place in my heart and I like to pull it out every now and again. I took two close up photos today (first one taken with flash, second taken with no flash) to better show the different colours of glitter suspended within the polish. The formula and application is decent, and I applied two coats here with no top coat.

8 comments:

  1. absolutley gorgeous colour!

    http://miss-lv.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty and just the right amount of sparkle! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love this, one of my all time favourites I would say :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is just LUSH! and you apply it so perfectly!

    I love Chanel polishes but find their staying power leaves something to be desired which is unfortunate when you're forking out such a considerable amount. Still can't resist them though!

    Oh PS, i found your blog through Fee at MakeUp Savvy - love it!

    xoxo

    My Little Blog...

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is absolutely gorgeous, I must have it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cores lindas de esmalte!!!
    Onde eu compro?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I can't speak Portuguese but Cosmic Violine was a limited edition shade and not available in stores anymore unfortunately. Perhaps you can find a bottle on eBay or something?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...