L'Oreal Rouge Caresse Lipstick in Lovely Rose, Cheeky Magenta & Dating Coral


Whilst I am waiting for Revlon's tinted lip balm sensatition to drop into my local stores, L'Oreal has released something similar of their own called Rouge Caresse. When I first purchased these lipsticks a month or so ago, I hadn't heard anything about them in the blogosphere, but in the last couple of weeks, I have seen lots of (mainly positive) reviews. I really like the shades I have purchased so far, and I want to pick up a few more. There are only about 10 colours in the range.


The packaging is on the clunky side but it doesn't look as bad as it could do. I like that the tube fits snugly around the bullet to prevent the possibility of the lipstick from breaking. The lid also clicks shut very securely.




I took advantage of Boots' 3 for 2 offer and picked up a pale baby pink called Lovely Rose (top left), a hot blue based magenta pink called Cheeky Magenta (top right) and a peachy coral with a hint of shimmer called Dating Coral (bottom left). I was surprised how pigmented they all were - even when applied on my pigmented lips (bottom right). I had expected them to be much more sheer.

The first few times I tried each shade, the colour seemed to sit in my lip lines and cling onto the dry bits that I didn't even know I had. After thoroughly exfoliating though, they make my lips look smooth and plump. I still had issues with Lovely Rose and Cheeky Magenta streaking, though the latter is much less noticeable, and I assume this is probably because the lipstick has a lot of slip due to the glossyness when initially applied.

The glossy finish wears away after the first hour, and colour fades after 2-3 hours. They also have a light scent of sweets or candy, but it is very faint, and I can barely detect it when using the lipsticks. Rouge Caresse lipsticks do not dry out my lips - I am hesitant to describe them as nourishing or hydrating, but they definitely do not feel drying to me.

Ingredients: Octyldodecanol, Diisostearyl, Malate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Microcrystalline Wax, Jojoba Butter, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Alumina, Synthetic Fluorphlogophite, Isostearyl Alcohol, BHT, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Benzyl Alcohol, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Silica, Tin Oxide, Geraniol, Acrylates Copolymer, Parfum, Various Colours.

L'Oreal Rouge Caresse Lipsticks are available at Boots and Superdrug for £7.99

38 comments:

  1. These look great, the colours are lovely!xx

    http://atypicalenglishrose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Cheeky magenta" is my favourite but for the others...I'm not a big fan of transparent lipsticks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blog with a lot of inspiring ideas! Love your posts! Would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...they actually look really good considering all the crap I've heard about l'oreals versions! I need to check these out next time im in town! great photos as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, beautiful shades)
    http://natcosmetics.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. What's the last one? :) Bottom right.

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice opinion.. thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these lipsticks. My absolutely favourite shade is Sweet Berry which is like my natural lip shade but much better :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. such beautiful lip sticks. i love your blog. i follow you now. follow me back please? :)

    thoughtsof93.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice!
    Visit my blog, we can follow each others
    http://www.armocromia.com/2012/06/ysl-fall-2012-make-up-collection_12.html
    Misspeony

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the colors you chose. It is interesting how L'Oreal comes out with different shades depending on the country? I chose three different shades and swatched them here! http://emtiny.blogspot.com/2012/06/loreal-colour-riche-caresse-stick.html

    but I wish we get Lovely Rose here in the US!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great article! Love your blog !Thanks a lot for sharing , it is really useful to me!

    Silent Night

    ReplyDelete
  13. hmm i wonder if this is the same thing as colour riche balm in the u.s. if so, i am totally jealous. the uk caress sticks look so much cuter in packaging! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. great colours. :) xx m

    http://thisishowwerule.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely Rose seems so pretty! though, I prefer less sheer finishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I love the Caresse lipsticks!! I have 3 lovely shades and I use them soooo often!! <3

    Stop by some time:)

    xxx

    Mia's Little Corner

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love these Rouge Caresse lip balms!

    ReplyDelete
  18. nice post!:)
    http://thebloggerina.blogspot.sk/

    ReplyDelete

  19. i'm manvi im a web desinger I am also a movie blogger and I like your blog too much the colors and themes are really nice.
    Do visit my blog dating product reviews

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love that outfit!!
    Much love,
    Wengie
    http://www.wengie.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Some lovely colors and they all seem to suit your tone. I think you look fab. x

    ReplyDelete
  22. I agree with Lena, The US need to pull there fingers out as the UK are stealing the show with make up. x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love there lip balms. Feel natural on my lips.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, Cheeky Magenta looks fabulous! I'll definitely be checking it out. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great post and this cosmetic product is really good, thanks for sharing with us. http://www.majorbrands.in

    ReplyDelete
  26. These look absolutely stunning and cute, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great quality brand of Lip balms.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Absolutely beautiful sets, I want <3

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm really loving the theme/design of your weblog.
    Do you ever run into any internet browser compatibility issues?
    A few of my blog readers have complained about my website not working correctly in Explorer
    but looks great in Chrome. Do you have any tips
    to help fix this problem?

    my webpage: news

    ReplyDelete
  30. Those are gorgeous. Looks like another thing I'm going to add to my beauty wishlist to pick up and try out.

    Krystal xo.
    beauty-inblonde.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love this blog, these posts are so helpful when i'm looking for new make up!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hello! your blog is very nice, well done!
    come see mine?
    you're welcome!

    http://cyrilmakeup.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  33. I can't believe it's been so long since you posted on here #crazy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...